1. Granola-making: oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, dried wild blueberries and flax seed.
2. Working happy hour: Wireframes, product descriptions and a jalapeño olive martini
3. Brunch: Porcini mushroom grits with white cheddar, pancetta and spinach with a fried egg
4. & 5. Dinner and a recipe: Roasted butternut soup with chili and almonds, with surprise ingredient of grated apples. Absurd. Delicious. Very simple.
6. & 7. Siren Fish Co Black Rockfish over roasted potatoes with prosciutto, lemon and arugula.
With Intern’s parents in town this week and last, we basically gave up all cooking rights and responsibilities, and his mother took over. A pleasure and a pain, but we enjoyed all the dishes she prepared. Now that the kitchen is ours again, we’re craving raw vegetables. Some of our favorites last week included: whole wheat roti, made from scratch, every. single. day. Chai, at least twice a day (but none for me, just coffee). For breakfast, poha, a flattened rice dish, with curry leaves and fried peanuts,! We broke Ammi’s rule, and put a poached egg on top. It is not traditional, but it is delicious. The last photo, just a regular old weeknight dinner of moong daal, roti, potatoes with tomato and onion, okra and two kinds of achar. If achar (Indian pickle) is on the table, I am eating it all.
Delicious Indian street food we shared at Vik’s in Berkeley. At this point in our full week of all Indian, all the time eating, we ordered too many dishes, and ate them all. I don’t even know what we ordered.
1. Lunch: Spinach, kale and avocado bread salad with soft boiled eggs and a mustard dressing.
2. Dinner: Roasted shrimp and tomatoes feta and chili, with roasted garlic bread.
3. & 4. Dinner: Grilled hangar steak and toppings for greek-ish inspired wraps.
5. Dinner: Clams with garlic and butter, fries and steamed spinach with lemon.
Here is how my grandparents make martinis. In a large pitcher, pour in ingredients. Put that in the fridge to chill or don’t. Pour massive martini into giant pre-chilled martini glasses, then immediately suggest making more. If someone says they want a small one, just throw in more olives to “even it out”.
1. Breakfast: Blueberries, toasted english muffins with avocado and herb cream cheese with delicious and expensive micro-greens.
2. Dinner: roasted shrimp with tomatoes, chili, green onions and feta.
3. Dinner: Bucatini with roasted tomatoes and chilies with a lil’ bit of bacon. Arugula salad with avocado pecorino romano.